Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Be Kind, Speak Gently, Smile Often

I have long enjoyed and chuckled at the Pieces of Flair found on Facebook. Some days, they just really take me by surprise and I can't stop laughing. Recently, I started adding a sort of back story to them in my head and since that won't go away, I thought using Flair to help delineate the parenting tips I have amassed over the years might be just the ticket.

The act of smiling lights up your face, changes your demeanor, and the outlook of those around you. It diffuses tense situations and lightens the emotional load we all seem to be carting around these days. If each of us tried to speak more softly, act kinder toward one another and just plain smiled, what a better place the world would be. So I dare you. Speak softly and carry a big smile. Report back and let me know how that worked for you. I just got my teeth cleaned so I will be smiling a lot. I will also be working on talking softly....

No comments:

Post a Comment